Western North Carolina Events Calendar
2022 Western North Carolina Events
BREVARD & TRANSYLVANIA COUNTY
- 9/13-18: Art Is In the Air En Plein Air Festival
- 10/1: Rose Rumble - Flattest 5K in Transylvania
- 10/8: Appalachian Folk Festival
- 10/8: Art in the Park
- 10/14-15: TCH Guild Holiday Craft Show
- 10/15: Clawhammer Mountain 50K Trail Race
- 10/15: White Squirrel Cycling Classic
- 10/29: Flight of the Vampire 5K – 2022
- 10/29: Halloweenfest & Spooky Stroll
- 11/12: Couch Potato
- 11/19-20: HeART of the Season
- 11/18-12/3: Holiday Windows Competition & Walking Tour
- 12/3: Light Up the Night Celebration
- 4th Fridays: Brevard Gallery Walks
- Saturdays: Saturday Stroll in Brevard
For BUNCOMBE COUNTY: (Asheville, Leicester, Black Mountain, Avery Creek, Bent Creek, Biltmore Forest, Fairview, Montreat, Royal Pines, Swannanoa, Weaverville, Woodfin) – Buncombe County Events
BRYSON CITY & SWAIN COUNTY
- 9/16: Departure - Journey Tribute Band
- 9/23-25: NOC Festival
- 10/1: ColorFest - Dillsboro
- 10/15: Pumpkin Fest
- 10/16: Harvest Festival - Stecoah
- 10/22: NOCtoberfest
- 10/30-31: Halloween @ Darnell Farms
- 10/31: Downtown Trick or Treat
- 11/10-12/31: Letters to Santa, Cocoa & Cookies
- 11/10-12/31: The Polar Express
- 11/16 – 12/23: Christmas Wonderland @ Darnell Farms
- 11/25-26: Arts & Crafts Studio Drive About Tour
- 11/26: Shop Small Business Saturday
- 12/3: Cookie Walk & Christmas Bazaar
- 12/17: Holiday Fireworks in Sylva
- Fall in the Smokies Guide
- Bryson City Holiday Events Guide
- Monday, Wednesdays & Saturdays: Bonfire & Stories
- Weekends, May-Oct: Farmer's Market
- Fridays & Saturdays-December: Dillsboro Lights & Luminaries
For SWAIN & GRAHAM: (Almond, Bryson City, Whittier/Swain, Cherokee, Nantahala, Fontana Lake Estates, Fontana Dam, Robbinsville, Lake Santeetlah) – Bryson City Events, Graham County Calendar, NC Cooperative Extension Calendar.
For CHEROKEE COUNTY: (Murphy, Beaverdam, Hothouse, Notla, Shoal Creek, Valleytown) – Visit Cherokee County Calendar
For JACKSON COUNTY: (Sylva, Cullowhee, Dillsboro, Webster, Whittier/Jackson) – Jackson County – Chamber of Commerce
LAKE JUNALUSKA & HAYWOOD COUNTY
- 9/16: VW’s in the Valley
- 9/17: Candy Corn Market
- 9/22: Maggie Valley Swap Meet & Car Show
- 10/1-11/5: Cold Mountain Corn Maze
- 10/7: Art After Dark
- 10/8: Church Street Art & Craft Show
- 10/15: Downtown Apple Festival
- 10/31: Treats on the Street
- 11/4: Art After Dark
- 11/8-12/13: Classic Hikes of the Smokies
- 12/2: Art After Dark
- 12/5: Waynesville Christmas Parade
- 12/10: A Night Before Christmas
- 12/17: A Night Before Christmas
- Saturdays, Apr-Dec: Haywood's Historic Farmer's Market
For MACON COUNTY: (Franklin, Otto, Scaly Mountain) – Macon County – Franklin Chamber of Commerce Events
Annual Events You Don't Want to Miss!
BREVARD & TRANSYLVANIA COUNTY
The Transylvania Farmers Market is located in Brevard, NC, just off East Main Street behind Comporium at the corner of Johnson and Jordan Streets. The Market is open on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (May through November) and 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (December through April).
Brevard Flea Market every Saturday from April 7th through the end of October (not open if it rains). This is a FREE outdoor family & pet friendly event.
March: BANFF Film Festival
June-August: Brevard Music Center Summer Festival
September: The Mountain Song Festival
November: The Couch Potato Mountain Biking Race
December: Christmas Parade & Twilight Tour
BRYSON CITY & SWAIN COUNTY
Swain County Farmer’s Market 9am-1pm, Fridays, May-Oct.
Semi-Annual Arts & Crafts Drive-About, a free semi-annual tour of artists studios and galleries in Bryson City and Swain & Graham counties. 10 am – 5 pm each day.
Movies On Everett Outdoor screen, begins at dusk. Fridays, May – August. Parking lot behind red caboose. Free movies. Bring or rent lawn chair.
Bryson City Annual 4th of July Freedom Fest celebration begins with the Rotary Club Firecracker 5K and then continues with local artisans and crafters, festival foods, and fun events including Kids Zone where you’ll find a multiple bouncy houses, a watermelon contest & more, and an evening of incredible, local entertainment.
Fall in the Smokies! A guide to enjoying the peak fall colors, fall festivals and special train rides.
Check out the annual Great Bacon Chase held each fall in downtown Bryson City.
A Bryson City Christmas is not to be missed! The streets are decorated with holiday lights and garlands; and shops offer plenty of gifts and one-of-a-kind arts and crafts, as well as tasty foods and wines. You can also board the Polar Express for a seasonal train ride.
WAYNESVILLE & HAYWOOD COUNTY
The annual May RAMP FESTIVAL has been running for 80+ years highlighting ramps; a native wild onion, harvested in the spring from the mountainsides, which can be eaten raw or cooked. Come out to Waynesville for a full meal featuring ramps, crafts, variety of vendors, live music & more!
Spend July 4th at the annual Stars & Stripes Celebration in Downtown Waynesville! The restaurants and shops are open with sidewalk sales and live music and entertainment is located throughout downtown and on the courthouse lawn. “Kids on Main” children’s parade starts at the courthouse and proceeds down Main Street at 11:00 am. Great family fun for all ages!
When the weather stars to cool, heat things up in the fall at the annual Smoky Mountain Folk Festival offering two nights of the finest traditional music and dance of the Southern Appalachian Region.
Magical moments & memories fill the Wayneville downtown district over the holidays. Events include the 12 Days of Christmas, the annual Christmas Parade and “A NIGHT before CHRISTMAS” shopping event. Check out the downtown calendar for this year’s special line-up of events!
21 in '21 Bucket List
At Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Great Smokys Realty, we believe there’s no place like home for the holidays. The holidays call upon us to reconnect with friends and family, reflect on the past year and renew our energy for the new year ahead. There’s no sugarcoating the fact that the holidays can be a hectic time. In our holiday issue of Mountain Time in the Smokys, we share tips and tricks for reducing stress so you can savor the gifts of friendship, food and fun this holiday season. We also included a special holiday edition of our '21 in 21 Bucket List. Save-the-date for these special events that will make this a season to remember! * Note that some events may still be on hold so check ahead of time before making final plans!
Oktoberfest Special Edition
Did you know North Carolina now boasts the most significant number of craft breweries in the South? For craft beer lovers, one of their favorite things about fall is Oktoberfest, an annual time of year to celebrate all things beer and give a “tip of the hat” to a great German tradition. From beer and bratwurst to music and lederhosen, you’ll feel transported in time with these festive celebrations. Check out our map for featured craft breweries in our area along with great places to celebrate Oktoberfest this fall! * Note that some events may still be on hold so check ahead of time before making final plans!